[AG-TECH] Help with pAG ?

Stanford P. pns at noc.soton.ac.uk
Mon Sep 7 10:52:09 CDT 2009

Tobias, what is the official AGSC position on PAG?
I looked at this on paper a while ago and it would seem to address many of the problems of using AG within an organisation.
However, I never got it to work on the AGSC venue server (in terms of seeing any streams - it connected to the venue server with no problems) and I assumed that it was still in a development phase (the Wiki mentioned in the support link below isn't generally accessible, and the blog hasn't been changed since July last year).

Is it now released, or actively being developed? There seem to be a lot of good features there, and it would be good to see proper support and documentation for the product.
Cheers
Phil

National Oceanography Centre IT Group

On 07/09/2009 16:09, "Tobias Schiebeck" <Tobias.Schiebeck at manchester.ac.uk> wrote:

Hi Philippe,

On Mon, 2009-09-07 at 15:52 +0200, Philippe d'Anfray wrote:
> Bonjour
>
> I'm not sure this is the right list to post (...) but I don't know where to find some help
>
> We use AccessGrid to broadcast our seminars on the internet and are very interested in using PAG
> as it is very easy for anyone to connect to the virtual room through a web browser.
> http://www.rcs.manchester.ac.uk/research/PAG
> "Portal Access Grid" has been reported to work with Gridsphere uPortal and Pluto, this
> last one beeing a priori the easiest to install and use if you   want to run only this
> specific portlet.
> http://portals.apache.org/pluto/
>
> But there is not so much documentation for all those tools...
>
> 1) I got the pluto bundle  (which installs both pluto and tomcat)
> everything is OK
> 2) I downloaded and untar pag_1-1.tar in  .../pluto/webapps

You might need to change the web.xml file in the pag folder to the
version attached. The file in the package is written for gridsphere.

Best wishes

Tobias

Tobias Schiebeck                    tobias.schiebeck at manchester.ac.uk
Research Computing Services           http://www.rcs.manchester.ac.uk
The University of Manchester                  tel: (+44) 161-275-0601

believed to be clean.