[AG-TECH] Help with pAG ?

Philippe d'Anfray Philippe.d-Anfray at cea.fr
Mon Sep 7 08:52:21 CDT 2009

Bonjour

I'm not sure this is the right list to post (...) but I don't know where to find some help

We use AccessGrid to broadcast our seminars on the internet and are very interested in using PAG
as it is very easy for anyone to connect to the virtual room through a web browser.
http://www.rcs.manchester.ac.uk/research/PAG
"Portal Access Grid" has been reported to work with Gridsphere uPortal and Pluto, this
last one beeing a priori the easiest to install and use if you   want to run only this
specific portlet.
http://portals.apache.org/pluto/

But there is not so much documentation for all those tools...

1) I got the pluto bundle  (which installs both pluto and tomcat)
everything is OK
2) I downloaded and untar pag_1-1.tar in  .../pluto/webapps

Now PAG is listed (and working) in the Tomcat application manager
but it is not listed in the Portlet applications list in the Pluto Admin menu

I tried various things...(with the WEB_INF, etc...) but could not go further,
I probably missed some crucial step .. ?

D'avance Merci
Bien cordialement,

Philippe