[AG-TECH] Empty Venues?

John I. Quebedeaux, Jr johnq at lsu.edu
Wed Sep 2 11:23:24 CDT 2009

Eric, I have video up in the Louisiana lobby: venues.lbrn.lsu.edu if you are
just checking to see anyone else¹s video.

So, everyone used to hang out in Argonne¹s or NCSA¹s venue lobby ­ but
lately I know that now that many organizations such as ours in Louisiana
have their own venue server such that it means we don¹t hang out in the
Argonne lobby (or NCSA¹s) anymore.

If you¹re looking to do some testing, you might ask for volunteers to help
meet/test and then schedule a time to do so. We used to do this all the
time, but since we¹re almost entirely in production mode (I figured it out,
we average almost 2.5 meetings a day in our state on the Access Grid) we
don¹t do much Œhanging out¹ anymore. :-/

So, the lack of sites hanging out in the lobby doesn¹t necessarily mean AG
stuff isn¹t going on... because in Louisiana, it is going on!

-John

P.s. I regret missing the townhall meeting, sick kids @ home took priority.
:-/