[AG-TECH] Is there a maximum number of nodes or streams that AG can support?

Jennifer Teig von Hoffman jtvh at bu.edu
Tue Sep 1 11:44:47 CDT 2009

AG participated in the bandwidth challenge one year at Supercomputing,
perhaps SC2000? It was quite an amusing choice actually....one really
shouldn't try to break bandwidth records using multicast. Nonetheless,
there was a huge number of streams, definitely over 50 and perhaps in
the neighborhood of 100. The total number of streams varied a bit from
site to site, depending mostly on multicast issues.

It was absolutely not interactive, but most video streams had some sort
of movement. Here at BU, one of our colleagues brought in Mindstorms and
we just turned the camera on them while they ran around.

- Jennifer