[AG-TECH] UBUNTU 9.10, VIC, webcam (driver pb ?)

Philippe d'Anfray Philippe.d-Anfray at cea.fr
Mon Nov 30 08:07:50 CST 2009

Bonjour

I installed Ubuntu 9.10 on our "AG-machine" and since I cannot use our
Logitech webcam(s) with VIC I just get  scrambled pictures (and going
throuht
the various menu settings does not help)

** VIC works perfectly well with other cameras (we have a Falcon quattro
card).

** Logitech webcams  seems to work  fine with some other softwares
(e.g. gstreamer-properties, xawtv, ekiga...)

I have the same problem with my laptop on which I just installed Ubuntu
9.10. I can't find any error message
in the logs, is this  a driver problem  under Ubuntu 9.10 ? Has someone
noticed the same behaviour ??

Cordialement

Philippe