[AG-TECH] ubuntu 9.10 + AG 3.2 beta

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Wed Nov 18 14:59:35 CST 2009

On 19/11/2009, at 5:36 AM, Porfirio Gaona wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm upgrading video machine from Fedora to Ubuntu 9.10(Ubuntu
> Karmic).  I read from   http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/research/accessgrid/software/debian/karmic.html
>   that AG3.2 beta is practically "stable".
>
> On this video machine, I have 2 Hauppauge capture video cards based
> on BT878 Chipset.
>
> I made a dmsg command and I put on bold font the messages that I
> consider important.
[snip]
> [    8.394225] bttv0: using: Hauppauge (bt878) [card=10,autodetected]
> [    8.394233] IRQ 21/bttv0: IRQF_DISABLED is not guaranteed on
> shared IRQs
[snip]

> AG3.2 can not identify my /dev/video0 and /dev/video1, the Access
> Grid Node Management just can identify X11 like video source, but my
> ubuntu could identify my 2 video capture cards.

Porfirio,

It looks like a hardware issue - your cards are recognised but not
enabled by the operating system, so AG software won't detect them. Is
any other (non-AG) software able to use video from these cards?

Since the problem appears to be at the system level - some IRQ sharing
issue - I would first try with only 1 capture card installed. You may
also have to move the card(s) to different slots and look for
differences in behaviour.

You mention that you've just upgraded your system - did you have AG
software installed and running on the previous system with this same
hardware combination?

chris

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8316
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland