[AG-TECH] Problems with VIC On Windows XP

Charles Tassell charles at islandadmin.ca
Mon May 25 21:10:14 CDT 2009

Hello,

  Does anyone know where I can get a version of the VIC that will run on
WindowsXP?  I've tried a few different ones (the one that comes with
3.1, with 3.0, and a HD-capable version I found with Google) but they
all crash when I try and play a stream.  Most are segfaults, but another
common error is "tkfontpkgfree: all fonts should have been freed
already" or something like that.

  Also, what is generally considered to be the best platform for running
an Access Grid node?  We were using Windows so the machine could also be
used for non AccessGrid enabled training work, but I wouldn't be adverse
to switching it to dual-boot Ubuntu/CentOS/SuSE if they will play better
with the current packages.