[AG-TECH] Spam sent to room text chat

Andrew Rowley Andrew.Rowley at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Mar 16 03:31:31 CDT 2009

Hi,

>From what I have been able to work out, they probably use a bot that searches the conference server for existing rooms.  So if you have used a venue recently, it will probably have spam messages in it.

One solution to this would be to have the jabber server delete rooms as soon as every one has left.  The disadvantage of this is that there will be no room history i.e. you won't be able to see what someone wrote in your last meeting.  This could be resolved by having the server keep room logs in a web accessible location.  I am not sure what Jabber server ANL are using so I am not sure if this can be configured.

Andrew :)

  Andrew G D Rowley
  Senior Development Officer

  Research Computing Services