[AG-TECH] Any Case Studies regarding the effectiveness of Video Conferencing?

Tim Scheitlin scheitln at ucar.edu
Wed Mar 11 11:23:40 CDT 2009

Hi Folks,

I am trying to find material (case studies, papers, etc.) that
describe the communication benefits of using video conferencing (AG or
other) as opposed to using a vanilla teleconference.  Anyone know of
any studies that have been able to quantify or describe how video
conferencing enhances (or not) communication and understanding between
remote participants.  I'm mostly looking for communication benefits of
video conferencing as opposed to environmental and cost-savings
benefits, although those would be interesting to see too.

Thanks.

Tim Scheitlin
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/timscheitlin