[AG-TECH] April 23: Kids on the Grid: or Take Your Daughters and Sons to Work Day

Gurcharan S. Khanna gurcharan.khanna at rit.edu
Tue Mar 10 19:44:44 CDT 2009

hi all,

for the third consecutive year we will be hosting Kids on the Grid, an
event that leverages
Take Your Daughters and Sons to Work Day, Thursday, April 23 this year.
our event uses
the Access Grid as the platform to connect kids from all over with
interactive activities.

we invite you to participate either as a host site with kids or a site
that might provide a suitable
activity for kids.

previously, we have had kids operate robots at the Alaska Research
Supercomputing Center,
share whiteboard drawings among hosting sites like NIH, RIT, and U.
Puerto Rico, etc. see
http://rc.rit.edu/kids.html for details and pics from previous years.

we would like to expand our activities and participating sites in new
ways, so we welcome
your comments and your participation.

note: access grid is the unifying platform but we will try to
accommodate other technologies
if they are within our means to do so, so don't hesitate to suggest
anything.

thanks,

-gurcharan

--
-------------------------
Gurcharan S. Khanna, Ph.D.

Assistant Research Professor, Ph.D. Program
Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences
http://people.rit.edu/gskpop

Director, Interactive Collaboration Environments Laboratory,
Center for the Advancing the Study of Cyberinfrastructure
http://icelab.rit.edu
---
Rochester Institute of Technology
1 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, New York 14623-5603
Phone: 585-475-7504  ~  Cell: 585-451-8370
Email: gurcharan.khanna at rit.edu