[AG-TECH] Windows platforms

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Mon Mar 2 21:07:36 CST 2009

Hi Jason,

It'll work if you install 32bit dependencies like 32bit Python, it won't
work with 64bit Python. Note: 32bit Bonjour won't be able to be
installed, but the 64 bit Bonjour could be installed or skipped all
together.

For VIC there may or may not be WinXP x64 drivers for the video capture
device. With Vista x64 the driver situation is a bit better as there
often is a driver if there is a corresponding 32bit Vista driver
available.

I thought the AccessGrid 3.1 page already lists the supported versions
of Windows, i.e. just WinXP? Although the AccessGrid 3.1 Toolkit works
for most people with Vista, there have been issues, e.g.:
  https://mediatools.cs.ucl.ac.uk/nets/mmedia/ticket/182
So I think there probably should be two classes, supported versions of
Windows and 'may work with' versions of Windows.

Doug