[AG-TECH] Bridge Registry Problem?

Adam Carter adam at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Thu Jun 25 05:10:29 CDT 2009

Hi Chris (cc list),

Thanks for your reply. I can see now the difference between the web
service that returns the bridge list and the list of bridges itself, so
the fact that the list only has one entry no longer worries me.

However, is it possible that bridges are trying to add their entry to
the Argonne server, failing for some reason (possibly due to the way
that the server at Argonne has been configured?), and then not launching
properly themselves because of this? This would explain the behaviour
that I've had reported to me that bridges will not go back up when
they've gone down... If others who are using a bridge have not noticed
the problem, then I guess it's some other problem with the bridge, but I
thought I'd check first. I see that Michael M has restarted his bridge,
apparently with no problems, so I assume that it's something at the
other end...

Cheers,

Adam