[AG-TECH] Sharing Virtual Venues internationally

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 5 10:47:49 CDT 2009

Ben,

NCSA uses both static and dynamically allocated multicast addresses.  When you enter the NCSA Lobby(dynamic) you will see a listing of venues:
Axon
Cactus
Cosmic Voyage
Exemplar
Helium
Hydrogen
Landspout
LEAD
Mesher
Monte Carlo
Mosaic
NCASSR
Optiverse
Platinum
Renaissance
Schoolhouse
The World
Titan
Verlet
Walkabout

LEAD, NCASSR and Schoolhouse are for specific projects at NCSA.  AGSchedule only allows use of these venues by those involved with the project.  The others are all static except for "The World" which is a dynamically allocated lobby which contains venues we are hosting for other sites.  The venues out in "The World" are dynamically allocated as well.

You can get information about NCSA and other venues here:
https://agschedule.ncsa.uiuc.edu/venues.asp

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Michael

"If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even more." -Paul Debevec