[AG-TECH] sending dv/hdv via accessgrid all in one

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Tue Jul 21 16:26:28 CDT 2009

On 22/07/2009, at 7:04 AM, SangWoo Han wrote:

> Muhammad,
>
> DVTS embedded in ExtendedVideo{Producer, Consumer}Service only
> supports NTSC, not PAL. I know that Egypt is using SECAM/PAL video
> format. I guess that the video format is the reason causing your
> video corrupted.
>
> In fact, the ExtendedVideo{Producer, Consumer}Service which you are
> using, includes an old version of DVTS. Unfortunately, it is hard to
> get the lastest version of DVTS windows source codes "supporting
> PAL" since it is not open for public use further.
>
> In the case of PAL, I recommend that you use enhanced VIC which
> supports DV and HDV.

However the UQVislab Enhanced VIC from does not support Windows. It
works very well on Linux and the service wrappers work correctly
through AG bridges. The network bandwidth used is quite high 25-30Mb/s
but the quality is excellent if you have a good network and reasonable
machines (with good graphics card).

chris

> 2009/7/20 muhammad akl <muhammad.akl at gmail.com>
> Gurcharan seems i'm not the first person which exactly facing the
> same problem.
>
> a quick search in the ml gives the following links :
>
> https://lists.mcs.anl.gov/mailman/htdig/ag-tech/2007-April/018982.html
>
> http://lists.aarnet.edu.au/pipermail/accessgrid-l/2008-June/
> 002112.html
>
> Regards
>
> Muhammad

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8316
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland