[AG-TECH] sending dv/hdv via accessgrid all in one

muhammad akl muhammad.akl at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 11:39:16 CDT 2009

hi Gurcharan,

well, the problem mainly is that i'm unable to receive my video signal at
the receiver side , which actually i can see it via DVTS program at the
sending side

let's explain my setup in more details , i've two pcs their specs as follows
:

Sender PC

 OS : Windows XP SP3

AccessGrid Ver : 3.2 Beta version ( All in one Installer made by
http://www.hitlabnz.org/wiki/Access_Grid_-_Easy_Installer)

Processor: Intel core 2 duo 2.3 GHZ

Ram : 2 GB

VGA Card : Nvidia 8400 GS ( Driver installed via nvidia website )

Ethernet Type : Gigabit ethernet

Firewire ports : External Pci card has two IEEE-1394 ports

Input Camera : Sony DCR-TRV285E

Receiver PC
 OS : Windows XP SP3

 AccessGrid Ver : 3.2 Beta version ( All in one Installer made by
http://www.hitlabnz.org/wiki/Access_Grid_-_Easy_Installer)

 Processor : intel pentium D 3.4 GHZ

Ram : 512 MB

 VGA Card : Nvidia 8400 GS ( Driver installed via nvidia website )

Ethernet type : fast ethernet

Now , The sender Pc is configured to Start sending Digital Video via
ExtendedVideoServiceProducer Option which is found in the AccessGrid node
management menu , that i've included during the installation of AccessGrid ,
And at this time i can see my video signal via DVTS program

At the Receiver Side , I've started AccessGrid and configured It to use The
ExtendedVideoConsumerService from AccessGrid node Management menu by adding
a new service , and at this time i can not see anything , and no error
messages appeared

does my setup lacks something that's i've fogotten to do , or does i need
much horse power for my PCS ?

if though , what are the necessary steps to be done to be able to send
and/or receive dv/hdv on windows xp ?

Regards

Muhammad