[AG-TECH] AVCHD and AG

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Tue Jan 13 15:46:11 CST 2009

Hi Jimmy,

> Is anyone using AVCHD, HDMI and the intensity pro cards with AG on a
> windows XP box, or something close to this combination?

The Intensity Pro outputs Blackmagic HDYC (YUV 4:2:2) pixel format that
isn't supported by VIC's DirectShow grabber at the moment. It doesn't
matter if a AVCHD or a DV/HDV camcorder is used with the HDMI.

I'm currently in the process of adding multiple YUV formats support to
VIC's DirectShow grabber (which so far has fixed a white vertical line
issue with 480i DV over firewire). Maybe in the next couple of weeks
it'll work with the Blagmagic Intensity Pro.

Cheers,
Doug