[AG-TECH] Camera capture question for Winnov 1000 VO, Windows XP, AG 3.1

Purvis, Cameron ckpurvis at ua.edu
Mon Jan 12 17:40:03 CST 2009

Sorry if I'm asking something obvious here, but I have searched around
and can't seem to find out what I'm doing wrong.  If anyone has any
suggestions, I'd dearly appreciate it.

I've got a Windows XP system running AccessGrid 3.1 - or, rather, that
I'm trying to get running with AG 3.1.  This system was originally
designed to be a beefy desktop PIG - it's a Dell Precision 7400 with
specs substantially higher than the AG requirements I found.  The
original camera was a USB webcam, which was ideal for a desktop unit.
In the original build I had things working well enough that I was on the
verge of requesting a PIG test session, but we've had a scope change for
the AG task.

At this time I am trying to get this system talking to an external
camera, with the intention of installing it in a conference room.  We
tried a Hauppauge card (an HVR-2250) but vic doesn't seem to like that
card.  Even on a clean install vic aborts on launch.  I've rebuilt the
system with a Winnov 1000 VO card.  I can see the camera input in the
Winnov-bundled software, and can configure vic services to see the
camera device, but I get no video in vic.  I've tried using this with
just a Video service, and with both the Video Consumer and Video
Producer.   vic does not crash, it just sits there waiting for video.

I'm sure, given my inexperience with AG, that there's something stupid
I'm missing.  Does anyone have a suggestion for how I should proceed?

(I've looked over the list archives and the online documentation I could
find but haven't found anything to address this.  If  I've missed it,
then I'll gladly RTFM if I can be directed to which FM to R.  )

Thanks very much...

Cameron Purvis                                         ckpurvis @ ua.edu

  University of Alabama Office of Information Technology  -  Research

(205) 348-4677