[AG-TECH] Problem in Adding Venue and Work around

N. Satyanarayana nanduris at cdac.in
Sun Jan 4 05:07:58 CST 2009

Micahel,

Thank you for your patience and prompt response.

1) When I tried to add new venue using Venue Management option I got a
popup message saying Could not connect to venue server. When I went thru
log I saw SSL certificate validity failed message. Then I found the
trusted CA certificates file names in .AccessGrid3/Config/trustedCACerts
directory were different from the one I had in my globus trusted
certificates folder.

For example, 92ac10ac.signing_policy file is being stored in
AccessGrid3/Config/trustedCACerts directory while importing trusted CA,
as 92ac10acl.signing_policy. I do not know how this letter 'l' is getting
appended to the file name.

Then I changed the file name to actual file name directly in
AccessGrid3/Config/trustedCACerts. Then I could connect to venue server
and add new venue to the node. Pl let me know whether it is a bug in the
software and the temporary work around tried in this regard can be taken
for granted.

2) I am facing problem in organizing two way video transmission between
two PCs in my lab using AccessGrid.

I have installed AccessGrid 3.1 along with Globus 4.0.8 on two PCs. In one
system I started Venue Server and then Venue Client after generating user
certificate using globus and subsequently importing it into AccessGrid
using Certificate Management option.

In second system I started Venue Client after importing user certificate
signed by simpleCA from system one.

Later I attached web cameras to both the systems and wanted to transmit
video between these two and enabled Video Producer and Video Consumer
services in both the systems. Both have joined default venue only ie.,
Venue Server Lobby.

But I am not able to send video data between these two systems and I am
always getting Waiting for Video message only.

Pl. let me know how to resolve this issue. My actual idea is two organize
virtual class room between 2 to 3 sites using AccessGrid in different
locations in India.

Thank you,

Regards,
Satya