[AG-TECH] VPCscreen does not get through

Philippe d'Anfray Philippe.d-Anfray at cea.fr
Wed Feb 18 07:20:15 CST 2009

Douglas Kosovic a écrit :

> I'm a bit confused by the above sentence. Are other VIC clients on the
> same network able to see the VPCscreen video, but not remote sites on
> an external network? Do you have some sort of firewall?

Bonjour,

yes this is exactly the point, and this occurs on my site here at CEA
(atomic energy commission, where there are surely plenty of firewalls
despite we have a special "open" subnetwork for using AccessGrid) but it
occurs also at Ecole Polytechnique (more a university environment)
where  there is a priori no such filtering especially on the multicast.
I suspect it is some network problem  I'll make some enquiries about
firewalls..

Cordialement

Philippe