[AG-TECH] AGServiceManager.py uses lo instead of eth0

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Fri Feb 13 14:47:25 CST 2009

On 14/02/2009, at 2:41 AM, James Miller wrote:

> I am doing a quick upgrade of my capture machine running Ubuntu 8.10
> and I installed the accessgrid3.2 package from the Univ of
> Queensland vislab source.  I've never had problems with past
> packages on previous versions of ubuntu.
>
> However, when I run AGServiceManager.py in a terminal, it's trying
> to use the loopback address instead of eth0.

James,

What does your /etc/hosts file look like? On a machine named
"mymachine" using dhcp, that file will begin with something like:
127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost
127.0.1.1       mymachine

Try changing it so that the real IP address of mymachine and fully
qualified domain name is in there, commenting out or removing the
exisiting line with the machine's name e.g.
127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost
#127.0.1.1      mymachine
123.45.67.89    mymachine.somedomain.xyz	mymachine

chris

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8316
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland