[AG-TECH] Having trouble with receiving video

Mike.W.Daley at cs.cardiff.ac.uk Mike.W.Daley at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Wed Feb 11 14:21:03 CST 2009

I have noticed a few strange problems recently.
We do a lot of demos of Access Grid and I navigate around to show
visitors how it all works.
Lately I find it difficult to receive video. I have not seen any in
the Argonne Lobby for a while, even though the client shows people
parked in there.
I am beginning to believe that it is a networking fault somewhere.
Here is todays observations.
Multicast in the UK at the moment appears flaky. Currently
non-functional at Cardiff.
If I use the Manchester AGSC bridge I'm OK for sites in the UK but see
no video from Argonne etc. If I go to Asian Pacific I initially see no
video but if I change my bridge to one in Perth I see video from Asian
Pacific Lobby.
Any ideas or similar observations.

Mike

Michael Daley M.Phil MBCS GCFA