[AG-TECH] Bridge service reliability?

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Feb 3 15:40:31 CST 2009

On 2/3/09 11:47 AM, Jeremy Mann wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Thomas D. Uram <turam at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>
>> We needn't wait until then. I'll document its operation and send that out
>> later today, and think about how to instrument it for debugging.
>>
>> If you have specific questions, send them along now and I'll address them in
>> the write-up.
>>

> Well the questions which I have yet to receive a response are:
>
> 1. What Bridge code does NCSA and Argonne use?
>
> 2. Is it the same code base as AG3.1 or a custom version?

Argonne is not using any custom bridge code.  We're using the 3.1 release.
> 3. Do they also have to restart their Bridge servers on a daily/weekly
> basis? If not, why? If yes, how often do they restart it?

We have had to restart our bridge on occasion. We don't restart it on
any schedule, and we don't monitor it. We should; I'll include some
information about doing that in the write-up I'll send later.

I've copied Mike Miller so he can respond for NCSA.

Tom