[AG-TECH] AG venue client crashes on Win 7

Terry McGuire tmcguire at ualberta.ca
Thu Dec 10 17:23:38 CST 2009

On 2009-12-10, at 10:32 AM, Nagykaldi, Zsolt F. (HSC) wrote:

>  Has any of you seen this behavior? Solutions?
>
> When the AG venue client (v3.2) enters a venue on a Win 7 machine, it hangs when it tries to pull up vic and rat and then crashes: "pythonw.exe has stopped working - prob event name: appcrash". I am running the client under Win XP SP3 compatibility and already added C:\Python24 to the path.

Try this:  After you launch AG, but before you attempt to connect to a node, Choose Tools->Preferences.  On the Preferences Network tab, deselect the "Run integrated multicast beacon client" option.  Save, close, enjoy.

Not sure what the problem is, but on both Vista and Win 7 running the AG 3.2 beta I always need to do this.

Terry

Terry McGuire
Junior Analyst, Research Support Group
Academic Information & Communication Technologies (AICT)
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada  T6G 2H1
Phone:  780-492-9422

This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and/or privileged information.  Please contact us immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication.  If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, do not copy, distribute, or take action on it.  Any communication received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.