[AG-TECH] IDS FALCONquattro with 64bit RHEL5

Fred Dech fdech at uchicago.edu
Wed Aug 26 18:07:11 CDT 2009

hi Doug,

while i was waiting to get root access on this capture machine, i sent
an email to IDS asking them about the bttv driver.
in their short reply was the sentence:
"i'm afraid the FALCONquattro is not compatible to the LINUX BTTV driver."

they referred me to the vendor in the US that had sold me the card,
1stVision.  "this isn't one of those TV cards.  it won't work with bttv.
you'll need to install the custom drivers.  go to our webpage and select
Eagle / Falcon linux drivers..."
i pointed out to my helpful rep that CARDLIST.bttv had an entry for the
IDS Eagle.  #93.  "well, your card is the PCI-E version so the reference
to the 32bit PCI Eagle probably won't do you any good.  i later got an
email back informing me that i was mistaken.  the Eagle in the list was
a different card.  not an IDS, but Eagle Capricorn2 #51.  ok...

sudo /sbin/rmmod bttv
sudo /sbin/modprobe bttv card=93,93,93,93

vic sees the card as an IDS Eagle and i have 4 working video streams
with V4L2.

thanks!

--fred