[AG-TECH] DVTS demo Fri 3:30 Eastern Time

Gurcharan S. Khanna gurcharan.khanna at rit.edu
Wed Apr 15 15:23:47 CDT 2009

William,

I am dubious about being able to avoid echo just by mic/spkr placement,
but i guess
i should try it myself first.

But my real question is how to use the multiplexed audio in the DV
stream with
multiple DVTS sessions. If i have ten DVTS streams going to ten
different multicast
addresses, i can start up ten instances of dvts to render them. but i'm
unsure what happens
to the audio. how to aggregrate that into a common audio conversation?

one reason i am asking is because i notice that when using to do audio
with DVTS, often
the video is behind the audio and the lack of lip sync is noticeable. i
assume this is due
to how the operating processes audio and video separately. if so, what
can be done? can
i introduce an artificial delay into the rat audio to bring it closer
inline? how?

thanks for any thoughts,

-gurcharan

PS also, has anyone scripted starting up multiple DVTS instances
pointing at hardwired
multicast addresses? (outside of using the AG). -gsk

--

Email: gurcharan.khanna at rit.edu