[AG-TECH] AGServiceManager.py uses lo instead of eth0

Don McLane dmclane at u.washington.edu
Tue Apr 7 19:03:12 CDT 2009

I think I'm having the same problem.  But won't this solution only work
if you have a static IP address (or your dhcp server gives you the same
address every time)?

Seems like I could specify a hostname in /etc/network/interfaces like:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
   hostname eth0name

But that doesn't seem to work.