[AG-TECH] Live Demo of Access Grid/DVTS for Vinton Cerf Thu 5:30 pm Eastern Time

Gurcharan S. Khanna gurcharan.khanna at rit.edu
Wed Apr 1 21:28:39 CDT 2009

Hi,

I will be showing off the RIT ICELab tomorrow evening for Vinton Cerf
(who will be
speaking on Friday) and will be demo'ing the work-in-progress RIT Global
Collaboration
Grid which now consists of Access Grid and DVTS technologies.

If you would like to drop-in and be present, that would help demonstrate
the global aspect
of this concept. For Access Gridders, audio will be live, should there
be time to talk. But
mainly I would like to show the quality and quantity of live video, the
main qualities for
me for the RIT Global Collaboration Grid concept. We have AG nodes in
Kosovo and
Croatia, but they will be 'dark' at that time.

I especially encourage you if you can send DV streams inside of Access
Grid as the
ExtendedVideoProducerService in Windows or the 'enhanced' vic in Linux
that supports
DV streams. Of course, anyone is welcome to show up in whatever codec
you can.

The AG Venue will be the Rochester Institute of Technology Venue in the
ANL Server.
The URL is:
https://vv3.mcs.anl.gov:8000/Venues/8cdd226521d429b68e7e8c0158a6a663

Again, being a demo as part of a larger tour, the time scheduled could
slip either way
and there may or may not be time to have two-way conversation but we
will play it by ear.

Thanks,

-gurcharan

--
-------------------------
Gurcharan S. Khanna, Ph.D.

Assistant Research Professor, Ph.D. Program
Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences
http://people.rit.edu/gskpop

Director, Interactive Collaboration Environments Laboratory,
Center for the Advancing the Study of Cyberinfrastructure
http://icelab.rit.edu
---
Rochester Institute of Technology
1 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, New York 14623-5603
Phone: 585-475-7504  ~  Cell: 585-451-8370
Email: gurcharan.khanna at rit.edu