[AG-TECH] RAT KDE4 Issues

Todd ZImmerman todd.zimmerman at ubc.ca
Tue Sep 30 11:08:33 CDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 11:10 +0100, Piers O'Hanlon wrote:
> Hi Todd,
>
> Sorry to hear you're having trouble with RAT on KDE4. Just to double
> check what output do you get when you run "sudo iptables -L -n"? Also
> presumably other audio application run ok in KDE? Does vic run ok and
> connect to external sessions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Piers.

Thanks for the response - was just about to send an update.

It appears that my issues were stemming from my system not interacting
well with a Logitech usb headset.  Once I removed the headset from the
equation, my usb errors went away and life got better ;-)

I can't explain the lack of gui showing up - I am experienced with
iptables so can confirm that all chains were flushed and set to accept
when I was having the issue.  That is what made it confusing.

My guess is that it was the gui process dying that was actually causing
the 'failed to rendezvous' message.

I'm still having difficulty setting the default device (it won't hold) -
but at least when I select the desired device it sticks and is working.

Thanks for the note.

Cheers,

Todd