[AG-TECH] Random crashes

Natalia Costas Lago natalia at cesga.es
Fri Oct 24 02:58:10 CDT 2008

Hi Chris,

Yes, it's on windows. Though I have a personal node on windows as well
and I havent had problems before and for a long time. Lately I
installed a personal node on my new PC and I experienced RAT crashing.

What I appreciated is that a perl proccess was consuming a lot of CPU
on the server that acts as Venue Server and Bridge Server. I think
that process affected the bridge and maybe RAT had lost some mbus
packets.

I eliminated the process that was causing the bridge/venue server
unstability and the system has been stable since then.

I think the problem other nodes have might be related to network
conditions that affect this mbus connection and that RAT doesnt like
very much.

I will try to check that.

E-mail: natalia at cesga.es
Tel:    +34  981 56 98 10 (ext. 237)