[AG-TECH] AG bridge woes

Gurcharan S. Khanna gskpop at cis.rit.edu
Sun Nov 2 18:15:23 CST 2008

all,

i have to agree with jeremy's point, that to the outside world and the
'powers that be',
that this kind of behavior makes AG look unstable, unreliable, and
dubious to invest in.
it's certainly something that ought to rise in priority to 'fix' as
otherwise it will remain an
obstacle to wider acceptance and even funding.

on a related note, i continue to experience venue clients needing to be
restarted or venues
re-entered every day or so. i leave my nodes up and in the venue 24/7 in
public places but
that means as likely as not, the public sees error messages instead of
nice video. i too have
started to re-started the whole machine to make sure it's up and
running, but this is surely
a workaround to a more basic problem that the system is not robust or
reliable. it's especially
difficult since i have 6-7 nodes on campus and am trying to deploy more.

anything we can do to address and fix this would surely help AG survive
and thrive.

-gurcharan

--
-------------------------
Gurcharan S. Khanna, Ph.D.

Assistant Research Professor, Ph.D. Program
Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences
http://people.rit.edu/gskpop

Director, Interactive Collaboration Environments Laboratory,
Center for the Advancing the Study of Cyberinfrastructure
http://icelab.rit.edu
---
Rochester Institute of Technology
1 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, New York 14623-5603
Phone: 585-475-7504  ~  Cell: 585-451-8370
Email: gurcharan.khanna at rit.edu