[AG-TECH] Bridge error

Jonathan Narvaez jonaabd07 at gmail.com
Tue May 27 12:37:33 CDT 2008

I have problems with my network, i can't transmitte video on diferents
subnets

example:

server:192.168.101.148
client 1: 192.168.147.8
client 2: 192.168.113.7

This client not recive and transmitte video and audio, maybe problem this
router or add rule router for multicast transmitte.

Thanks

I sorry for my bad English

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 10:20 PM, Jonathan Narvaez <jonaabd07 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> run it is a regular user not workly, run is only root the applications:
> Server, Managment and Bridge.
>
> Thanks
>

> On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 10:12 PM, Thomas D. Uram <turam at mcs.anl.gov>
> wrote:
>
>>  That command should work, yes.  I would not recommend running it as root,
>> though:  It's not necessary that it run as root, and it's actually better to
>> run it as a regular user if you can (as with most software).
>>
>> Tom
>>

>> On 5/26/08 9:58 PM, Jonathan Narvaez wrote:
>>

>> this command correct is:
>>
>> jnarvaez at jnarvaez-desktop:~$ sudo Bridge3.py --name=UniminutoBridge
>> --location=Colombia --listenPort=9000 --qbexec=/usr/bin/QuickBridge
>> --portRange=41000 50000
>>
>> for this to work?
>>
>>  Sorry for my English
>>
>> On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 11:07 PM, Thomas D. Uram <turam at mcs.anl.gov>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>  The value you're specifying for the registryUrl argument is incorrect.
>>>
>>> If you omit this argument, the bridge will register with the default
>>> bridge registry and be available to everyone.  I'd recommend that you take
>>> this approach first.
>>>
>>> If this is not what you want, you'll need to run your own registry, and
>>> create a bootstrap file reachable at some URL, using that URL for the
>>> registryUrl argument.  The bootstrap file should include simply the
>>> hostname:port of your registry.  As an example, you can look at the default
>>> bootstrap file at
>>>
>>> http://www.accessgrid.org/registry/peers.txt
>>>
>>> Tom
>>>

>>> On 5/23/08 10:12 PM, Jonathan Narvaez wrote:
>>>
>>> I need your help
>>>
>>> I get to start this error.
>>>
>>> jnarvaez at jnarvaez-desktop:~$ sudo Bridge3.py --name=UniminutoBridge
>>> --location=Colombia --listenPort=9000 --qbexec=/usr/bin/QuickBridge
>>> --portRange=41000 50000 --registryUrl=
>>> https://prueba.uniminuto.edu:8000/Venues/default
>>> [sudo] password for jnarvaez:
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>> File "/usr/bin/Bridge3.py", line 187, in <module>
>>>   main()
>>> File "/usr/bin/Bridge3.py", line 182, in main
>>>   bridgeServer = QuickBridgeServer(name=options.name,
>>> location=options.location, listenPort=options.listenPort,
>>> qbexec=options.qbexec, portRange=options.portRange,
>>> registryUrl=options.registryUrl)
>>> File "/usr/bin/Bridge3.py", line 47, in __init__
>>>   self._RegisterWithRegistry()
>>> File "/usr/bin/Bridge3.py", line 84, in _RegisterWithRegistry
>>>   self.validSecs =
>>> self.registryClient.RegisterBridge(self.bridgeDescription)
>>> File