[AG-TECH] AG3.1 Mothers Day release for Slackware-12.1

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Sat May 10 23:08:59 CDT 2008

Hot on the heels of the release of Slackware 12.1 last week, we're
pleased to announce new AG3.1 packages for it just in time for
Mother's Day (in Australia, anyway) - a great gift idea for suitable
mothers!

This is the first AG release for Slackware to use slapt-get as the
installation mechanism, modelled on the apt-get mechanism used for
the Debian and Ubuntu packages. We hope this will make the initial
installation process significantly easier as well as simplifying
future feature and security updates.

As for the latest Ubuntu packages, this release also includes the
VPCScreen and AGVCR packages by default.

Release information and installation instructions are available as
usual via:
	http://www.accessgrid.org/software/
or directly from:
	http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/research/accessgrid/software/slackware/

chris

Christoph Willing                        +617 3365 8350
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland