[AG-TECH] Vista and/or OS X 10.5 install? (fwd)

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Tue Mar 4 19:47:13 CST 2008

Hi David,

>I have a new conference room I was hoping to test out do some AG testing
>in. But the computer systems in the room are Vista or Mac OS X 10.5.

> I remember something going by about 10.5 support being tested now, so I
> tried to install on Vista, and I got errors on the Python win32 Extensions
> installation. I am willing to beat on that a bit, but not if it is already
> known that Vista is not supported.

The AG 3.1 alpha release annoucement for Intel Leopard is appended below.

With Vista and installers that don't support the new Vista security model,
you need to right click the installer program and choose 'Run as
Administrator' (even if your account has administrator privalages).

> So the question is:
>
> Are Vista or Mac OS X 10.5 supported by AccessGrid 3.1 at this point, and
> if  not, is there a time table?

AG 3.1 should work on Vista, but there are issues like the latency with RAT
being twice that of WinXP.

Doug