[AG-TECH] Re: [AG-DEV] Certificate Management Tool crashes in Ubuntu 7.10

Christoph Willing willing at vislab.uq.edu.au
Sun Mar 2 18:05:41 CST 2008

On 26/02/2008, at 9:06 AM, Luis Galárraga wrote:

> I have installed AGTk 3.1 in two machines (one with Ubuntu Desktop
> 7.10 and the other one Ubuntu Server 7.10 with Xfce) according to
> the instructions in http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/research/accessgrid/
> software/debian/gutsy.html. I could successfully run the Venue
> Client and ask for a user and a service certificate (for a Venue
> Server). The certificate arrived two business days later as pointed
> in the system, but when I chose Tools > Manage Certificates, I saw
> the following debug message (taken from the first machine. The
> problem is present in both):

Luis,

I've been unable to reproduce this problem.

Could you confirm whether it occurs when you now first start the
certificate management tool (either from the VenueClient or console),
or somewhere later in the import sequence? If you were previously
able to request a certificate, then the management tool must have
worked at least once.

chris

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/
> Security/wxgui/CertificateManagerWXGUI.py", line 176, in <lambda>
>     lambda event, win=win, self=self: self.OnShowNew(event, win))
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/
> Security/wxgui/CertificateManagerWXGUI.py", line 237, in OnShowNew
>     self.certificateManager, self)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/
> Security/wxgui/CertificateManagerDialog.py", line 25, in __init__
>     self.identBrowser = IdentityBrowser(self.notebook, -1,
> self.certMgr)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/
> Security/wxgui/IdentityBrowser.py", line 57, in __init__
>     CertificateBrowserBase.__init__(self, parent, id, certMgr)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/
> Security/wxgui/CertificateBrowserBase.py", line 27, in __init__
>     self.Load()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/
> Security/wxgui/CertificateBrowserBase.py", line 86, in Load
>     data, columnStrings = self._FormatCert(cert)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/
> Security/wxgui/IdentityBrowser.py", line 286, in _FormatCert
>     valid = self.certMgr.CheckValidity(cert)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/
> Security/CertificateManager.py", line 375, in CheckValidity
>     if self.VerifyCertificatePath(cert):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/
> Security/CertificateManager.py", line 405, in VerifyCertificatePath
>     issuers = filter(lambda x: not x.IsExpired(), issuers)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/
> Security/CertificateManager.py", line 405, in <lambda>
>     issuers = filter(lambda x: not x.IsExpired(), issuers)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/
> Security/CertificateRepository.py", line 1337, in IsExpired
>     return self.cert.IsExpired()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/
> Security/CertificateRepository.py", line 1523, in IsExpired
>     return IsExpired(self.cert)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/
> Security/Utilities.py", line 36, in IsExpired
>     before_tuple = time.strptime(str(before_time),format)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/_strptime.py", line 330, in strptime
>     (data_string, format))
> ValueError: time data did not match format:  data=Apr 21 00:52:18
> 2007 GMT  fmt=%b %d %H:%M:%S %Y %Z
>
> I got the same when running CertificateManagement3.py from console.
> I would like to know if it is a non-reported bug in order to report
> it as soon as possible. If you know a possible quick solution
> (consisting maybe in changing a configuration file, making changes
> in the code, etc.), I would thank you expose it.
>
> Regards,
> Luis Galárraga

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8350
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland