[AG-TECH] List of Venue Servers

Ben Green ben.green at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Jun 4 03:45:45 CDT 2008

Hi Jason,

Thanks for making that list.

I'm currently writing up a document on 'international meetings' to give to our users. This obviously isn't all that straight forward for new users, as it usually involves getting everyone using the same venue server to ensure the same list of virtual venues.

So here in the UK, we usually ask people to use our server, sam.ag.manchester.ac.uk, so that when the UK participant announces the virtual venue to be used, they know that all international participants will have that same venue available.

Ideally, all Toolkit venue servers worldwide would share a block of international venues so that anyone using any server will have the same choice of virtual venues. I'm sure I'm going to get loads of replies now telling me this does exist already ! Perhaps this is what the 'Original Venues' list is for.

But is there a block of venues that everyone is told to maintain on their venue server?

Regards, Ben.

Ben Green

Access Grid Support Centre
Research Computing Services