[AG-TECH]AG 3.2 beta 1 web broken link

Brad Knowles bknowles at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Jul 24 18:52:05 CDT 2008

Thomas D. Uram wrote:

> You can use the Audio Reflector Venue on the APAG venue server, as
> detailed in the "Using the Audio Reflector as a simple test" section on
> this page:
>      http://www.accessgrid.org/node/354

Using the link that Darren sent me for the Asia-Pacific venue, I was able to
get connected and get some help from Chris, and that pretty much
straightened me out.  Turns out my big problem after the re-install was that
I was in multicast mode, but we've got multicast turned off on our network
due to some nasty security problems that we ran into about a month ago.
Switching to multicast, my client found a bridge that wasn't too far away at
LSU, and we were able to confirm that video and audio are now working.

The only remaining significant issue is that the audio on the Mac appears to
start going bad after a few minutes, and you have to stop and restart rat to
get things back to working correctly.  However, this seems to be a known bug
that will hopefully be resolved in the near future.

Just goes to show you how much of a difference it makes once you can chat
live with someone who can help you walk through the stupid mistakes you're
making that you don't even realize you're making.

Thanks!

--
Brad Knowles <bknowles at mail.utexas.edu>
The University of Texas at Austin, Information Technology Services, ITS-Unix