[AG-TECH] Using a Proxy Server with AG3

Richard Dear Richard.Dear at newcastle.edu.au
Thu Jan 17 21:00:23 CST 2008

Hi Ben,

   Further to this item, I played with proxies with the same result.

   As a (related) side issue I found that if I set proxy info then I
still couldn't reach the peers.txt file in the Bridging section of the
preferences.

   This can cause a bit of trouble. I worked around this by setting up
a local URL to the peers.txt. AG3 is then happy to go off and retrieve
the bridges. This could have been avoided in the software by permitting
me to enter "vv3.mcs.anl.gov:8030" directly into the Bridge registries
box.

   BTW we also have a peers1.txt which points to a more local (for us)
"hall.vislab.uq.edu.au:8030".

   Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Richard

Richard Dear
Academic Computing Officer

Phone : Intl + 61 2 49215085
Fax:       Intl + 61 2 49217762

Room V210b
Mathematics Building
The University of Newcastle
NSW Australia 2308

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice

>>> Ben Green <ben.green at manchester.ac.uk> 16-Jan-08 11:11 pm >>>

When a proxy server is configured within Tools / Preferences / Network,
and a port number is specified, after saving the configuration, this
port number is set to zero.

Has anyone else seen this, or does anyone know why this happens?

Regards, Ben.

Ben Green
Access Grid Support Centre
Universityof Manchester