[AG-TECH] Digital DVR

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 10:32:38 CST 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 9:45 AM, Ben Green <ben.green at manchester.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi Jeffrey,
>
> I'd recommend you storing the AG meeting audio and video data locally using
> AGVCR and then converting this data to your desired format.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't know what convertion software is available!

We began using AGVCR to record our monthly workshops. Previously I was
using vnc2swf to capture the presentation screen, then using RAT to
output the audio to a WAV file. By converting the WAV file to MP3 I
could embedded the audio inside the SWF file. However, this was
extremely buggy and we eventually ended up ditching the effort.

The only problem I have with AGVCR is that the file size is too big
for people to download. We are using VPC screen capture to embed our
desktop into the AG. We don't really need to record anybody else. I'd
like to see a way of telling AGVCR to encode only "this" video window
(VPC) and all audo streams to MPEG or AVI with MP3 audio.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility