[AG-TECH] New echo cancelling device - ClearOne Converge Pro 880

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Wed Feb 13 20:19:58 CST 2008

Dear Colleagues

I thought I would send out an email letting people know of a new echo
cancelling that I recently install in my main AG node (CQU-Rockhampton).

The device in called a "ClearOne Converge Pro 880" which is the
replacement device for the Clearone XAP devices.  Some additional
details for this device can be found at
http://www.accessgrid.org/node/1082.

I found it a lot better to configure than the XAP devices and allowed
for finer adjustment of gain levels.  I also found the interface for
configuring the device to be more intuitive as well.

I have also posted an example configuration file which can be found at
http://www.accessgrid.org/node/867.

I believe this to be a very good device and I highly recommend it.  I
have not used other non-clearone devices, therefore I cannot comment on
how good they are, but I feel that this new device is a lot better than
the XAP's.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
Jason.

Jason Bell, B.I.T.

B. Info. Tech. (Honours)

High Performance Computing Support Officer,
Network Engineer
Information Technology Division
Central Queensland University

E-mail : j.bell at cqu.edu.au