[AG-TECH] HD on AG

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Sun Dec 21 23:21:13 CST 2008

Hi Gurcharan,

> I'm trying out the ucl vic you modified to render 1920x1080. I'm
> looking at it via VNC so it's
> limited but when i'm getting looks like standard definition in terms
of
> resolution (720x480)
> no matter what codec (mp4, h264, 261as) i use and no matter what the
> size is set to (small, med, large).
>
> any thoughts?

I just assumed the low res look was encoding artefacts as the best I
could get was just 6.6 fps @ 110kbps on a 2 x dual core 2.6 GHz Xeon
MacPro.

I'm on leave tomorrow, but might look at it when I get back next month,
as well as trying to get the existing raw codec (i.e uncompressed video)
working.

> PS for devices i get NTSC, 720, and 1080. i also get 59.95 for the
> frame rate from the HDMI card. (i get this with ultragrid, too). Any
> idea why? instead of 29.9?

I'm not sure why it's 59.95fps on the Mac and 29.97PsF (i.e. Progressive
Segmented Frame) on Windows, other than it's just the string that the
Quicktime Sequence Grabber VDig for that card returns.

Cheers,
Doug

> Douglas Kosovic wrote:
> > Hi Gurcharan,