[AG-TECH] HD on AG - Capture

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Tue Dec 16 18:28:00 CST 2008

On 17/12/2008, at 10:00 AM, Todd Zimmerman wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 09:43 +1000, Christoph Willing wrote:
>> On 17/12/2008, at 8:55 AM, Todd Zimmerman wrote:
>>
>>> BTW, This card:
>>> http://www.ncast.com/DigiCaptureCard.html
>>>
>>> was suggested by someone on this list (can't recall who and the
>>> searchable archives are down - sorry!!)
>>
>> I think that was from Hank at NCast.
>>

>>> as a possible HD analog capture
>>> device.  I plan on purchasing one soon (although the cost is approx
>>> $2k)
>>> with an EVI-HD1.
>>>
>>> Anyone used one of these before??
>>
>> Not here but even $2K could be justified if they actually work. I
>> can't tell from their blurb (http://www.ncast.com/pdf/NCast-DS-DCC3.1.pdf
>> ) what input connection is used for the HD. The DVI and composite
>> connectors are pretty clear in the diagram, but not the HD connector.
>>
>> How do we plug in an HD camera Hank?
>
> hmm... I had assumed the "D-Sub 15 pin" Component HD out on the EVI-
> HD1
> would plug directly into the "RGB on DB15" input on the NCast,
> although
> the DB15 nomenclature is a little unclear to me.

Thats exactly the sort of issue that needs to be clarified before
spending $2K. We has some small Sony cameras with HD available via
HDMI connectors. We also have a more upmarket Sony with HD YUV
available via 3x RCA connectors.

Hank?

chris

> Hank?
>
> Todd

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8316
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland