[AG-TECH] Manually adding a bridge

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Thu Dec 11 14:38:47 CST 2008

On 12/12/2008, at 6:17 AM, Jeremy Mann wrote:

> In the end, I solved our problem by simply sending them my 'bridges'
> file located in the Config directory. For future reference I like to
> understand exactly how the Bridge Registry works.
>
> The peers.txt file contains: vv3.mcs.anl.gov:8030 (some sort of web
> daemon?)
> Every time I clicked on Find Additional bridges or restarted the
> client, the IT person at the remote location said he saw port 80
> requests to 130.102.78.79 which doesn't resolve on my end.

Thats odd - that address is in the unused half of a class C address
space, the other half of which is allocated to UQ Vislab. If the
address ended in 179 instead of 79, it would be our old AG2 server.
The AG3 server and bridge is at 178.

It may be worth checking what Bridge Registries you have assigned in
Tools->Preferences->Bridges

chris

> Manually
> with a web browser going to the port 8030 address above gives me 501
> errors (I knew it would probably do that, but I wanted to see if this
> daemon serves out the actual bridge list).
>
> --
> Jeremy Mann
> jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

> Bioinformatics Core Facility
> http://www.bioinformatics.uthscsa.edu
> Phone: (210) 567-2672

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8316
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland