[AG-TECH] Manually adding a bridge

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 14:17:09 CST 2008

In the end, I solved our problem by simply sending them my 'bridges'
file located in the Config directory. For future reference I like to
understand exactly how the Bridge Registry works.

The peers.txt file contains: vv3.mcs.anl.gov:8030 (some sort of web daemon?)
Every time I clicked on Find Additional bridges or restarted the
client, the IT person at the remote location said he saw port 80
requests to 130.102.78.79 which doesn't resolve on my end. Manually
with a web browser going to the port 8030 address above gives me 501
errors (I knew it would probably do that, but I wanted to see if this
daemon serves out the actual bridge list).

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility