[AG-TECH] Problems getting Unicast Bridge to run CentOS 5.0

Dinale, Justin Justin.Dinale at dsto.defence.gov.au
Mon Aug 25 00:26:14 CDT 2008

Hi All,
I keep getting the following error each time I try to start the Bridge Server.
I've checked that the hostname is both in DNS and in /etc/hosts, but always get the same error message. Any advice?
$ Bridge 20200 -u http://ag-server/registry/peers.txt -n "CentOS Bridge" -l "Canberra"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/Bridge", line 187, in ?
main()
File "/usr/bin/Bridge", line 182, in main
bridgeServer = QuickBridgeServer(name=options.name, location=options.location, listenPort=options.listenPort, qbexec=options.qbexec, portRange=options.portRange, registryUrl=options.registryUrl)
File "/usr/bin/Bridge", line 47, in __init__
self._RegisterWithRegistry()
File "/usr/bin/Bridge", line 84, in _RegisterWithRegistry
self.validSecs = self.registryClient.RegisterBridge(self.bridgeDescription)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/Registry/RegistryClient.py", line 107, in RegisterBridge
return self.serverProxy.RegisterBridge(registeredServerInfo)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'RegisterBridge'

Cheers,
Justin
Justin Dinale
Battlelab Engineer
Joint Operations Division
Defence Science and Technology Organisation
24 Fairbairn Ave, Fairbairn Business Park, Canberra ACT 2600
W:  +612 612 86533| Fax: +612 612 86534 | M: 0414 452 275

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT 1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.