[AG-TECH] Rat error - "Could not initialize Mbus: Is multicast enabled"

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Thu Aug 14 01:54:47 CDT 2008

Hi guys

Just wondering if someone out there can help.  Whilst running a video
collaboration workshops, I have benn demo'ing the AG software to a
number of colleagues and getting them to install it on their laptops.

Unfortunately, I have one user who has been getting a

                "Could not initialize Mbus: Is multicast enabled"

rrror message within rat.  See attached pdf to see error message.

The user is running the AG 3.1 "all-in-one-installer" and is able to get
vic working fine.

We have checked the obvious, such as local firewalls, etc.  But we
cannot seem to resolve the issue.  The Audio Service logs are not
telling us much either.

Therefore, I was wondering if there was anyone out there in AG land who
might be able to assist.

I will be continuing the workshop tomorrow and it would be great if I
was able to resolved the problem before the user goes home.

Many thanks in advance,

Jason.

Jason Bell, B.I.T. (Honours)

Research Systems Support Officer

Information Technology Division

Central Queensland University

Australian Research Collaboration Service

http://www.arcs.org.au/ <http://www.arcs.org.au/>

E-mail : j.bell at cqu.edu.au <mailto:j.bell at cqu.edu.au>

         jason.bell at arcs.org.au <mailto:jason.bell at arcs.org.au>

Work   : +61 7 4930 9229

Mobile : 0409 630897

Postal : Building 19

         Central Queensland University

         Bruce Highway

         Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia, 4702

Patience is a virtue.

But if I wanted Patience,

I would have become a Doctor.