[AG-TECH] Running mac 10.5.x?

Brad Knowles bknowles at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Apr 30 13:43:06 CDT 2008

Todd Zimmerman wrote:

> Any more news/progress on this?  Last official comment I saw was on Feb.
> 21st.  Specifically I'm wondering if there are additional alpha's
> available and if there is a PowerPC Leopard version.

I'm in the same boat.  I've asked the question multiple times, in multiple
ways, including in the entry in bugzilla.

I have yet to receive a single positive response.

What I have managed to do is to retrofit Python 2.3 onto my PowerMac G5
running Mac OS X 10.5.2, and then go in and hand-edit all the AG programs to
point their path for Python over to /usr/local/bin/python instead of
/bin/python, and that seems to have kinda-semi-sorta worked.  I can launch
AG, and while I don't know anything about it or how to navigate around, my
only problem seems to be that I can't get audio working.

I would much prefer to run all this on top of the Apple-provided version of
Python 2.5, however.

We've got ~50,000 students and ~20,000 faculty and staff that are going to
be given an Enterprise solution for video conferencing soon, and I'd hate to
have AG get knocked out of even being considered simply because it cannot
run on the latest version of one of the main client platforms.

--
Brad Knowles <bknowles at mail.utexas.edu>
The University of Texas at Austin, Information Technology Services, ITS-Unix