[AG-TECH] Running mac 10.5.x?

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 30 13:01:15 CDT 2008

On 4/30/08 12:48 PM, Todd Zimmerman wrote:
> Thomas D. Uram wrote:
>>
>> My recent use on Leopard has gone well enough that I'm preparing for
>> Leopard support soon.
>>
>> I've been working on simplifying the build process so it could be
>> easily and reliably replicated on different machines, so we can more
>> quickly get builds for the various OS and Python combinations.  I
>> hope to be able to make packages available soon.
>>
>> I haven't heard much in the way of reports (positive or negative) on
>> the existing Alpha, though this would be very helpful in improving
>> the coming packages.  Any comments are welcome.
>>

> Thanks!  Unfortunately most of our machines are still Power PC.  Do
> you happen to have an alpha for that?
I've had requests for PPC Leopard, and that's part of the reason I'm
working to improve the packaging support.  I'll let you know when that's
ready.

> Is the Intel alpha available at
> http://www.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/software/releases/3.1/macosx/AGTk-3.1-intel-py25.dmg.gz
> still the latest Intel version available?
Yes, that's the latest one.  In the packaging work, I've been building
3.2 beta packages, but should also be able to build new Leopard packages
for the 3.1 release when I'm finished, for both Intel and PPC.

Tom