[AG-TECH] HD audio & USB audio on Linux?

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 17 09:46:18 CDT 2008

> Basically someone needs to fix the rate plugin and/or add resampling
> into RAT at the audio input side - there is some resampling that RAT
> does elsewhere.
> (there is also a [GPL] resampling library - but GPL brings up
> issues...). To be honest I had hoped that the ALSA stuff would
> improve....

(going a little off topic but anyway) yah, I was looking into alsa
for a different project not too long ago and was disappointed to see
the state of the documentation hadn't much improved over the last few
years; given its change in status to official audio platform for
linux one would think the doc would be in better shape.

I am always looking for the theory of operation documents that answer
the question of "how should I use this API to best make use of the
tool, and why", rather than the low level call details. I'm often
disappointed.

--bob