[AG-TECH] Tigerboard shared app install failing on Linux

Andrew Ford acf0659 at rit.edu
Wed Apr 16 16:39:06 CDT 2008

Hi,

Whenever I try to install Tigerboard on our Linux (Ubuntu 7.10, AG 3.1)
machines from within the VenueClient, by opening it from the venue's data
section, I get this on the command line:

UnpackPkg: /tmp/TigerboardAG32_31Beta.agpkg3
Couldn't copy file into place (undoing register).
Unregistration of application TigerboardAG3 complete
Couldn't copy file into place (undoing register).
Application TigerboardAG3 not found; skipping
Couldn't copy file into place (undoing register).
Application TigerboardAG3 not found; skipping
Couldn't copy file into place (undoing register).
Application TigerboardAG3 not found; skipping
Couldn't copy file into place (undoing register).
Application TigerboardAG3 not found; skipping
Couldn't copy file into place (undoing register).
Application TigerboardAG3 not found; skipping
Couldn't copy file into place (undoing register).
Application TigerboardAG3 not found; skipping
Couldn't copy file into place (undoing register).
Application TigerboardAG3 not found; skipping
Couldn't copy file into place (undoing register).
Application TigerboardAG3 not found; skipping
Couldn't copy file into place (undoing register).
Application TigerboardAG3 not found; skipping
Couldn't copy file into place (undoing register).
Application TigerboardAG3 not found; skipping

...and it gives me a misleading "Successfully installed application
TigerboardAG3" message as well. Running agpm3.py -p on the package gives the
same result, and sudo makes no difference in either case. Needless to say,
if I try to open a Tigerboard session after this I get an error message
saying "You have nothing configured to open this application." Is this a
known bug?

--Andrew