[AG-TECH] HD audio & USB audio on Linux?

Andrew Ford acf0659 at rit.edu
Wed Apr 16 14:33:28 CDT 2008

Hi,

I can't get RAT to work with the integrated HD audio chipset in some of our
machines - listen works but talk doesn't. I was pretty much expecting this
running on Linux (Ubuntu 7.10), partially since it's a known problem on
Windows. I'm wondering if anyone has actually gotten these chipsets to work
on any platform (is there any progress from SUMOVER as far as supporting
them?), and if not, what USB audio interfaces work well with RAT on linux?
I've been looking at the Edirol UA-25 or 5, which are confirmed to work with
the usb-audio module but I don't know whether RAT supports something like
that. Anyone have any recommendations?

--Andrew